Position: Campaign/Tech Fellow for MPower Change
Reports to: Campaign Director
Type: Full Time, One year
Organization: MPower Change is a grassroots movement rooted in diverse Muslim communities throughout the U.S., who are working together to build social, spiritual, racial, and economic justice for all people.
Combining best-in-class digital tools with years of field experience, organizing know-how, and an extensive network of supporters, MPower Change is redefining the ways that our communities build, maintain, and exercise power.
About the position: We’re looking for a technically adept strong writer and strategic thinker with the right mix of skills to develop and execute high-impact campaigns that offer engagement opportunities for our hundreds of thousands of members.
Successful candidates will:
- Work closely with our team to quickly learn our approach to campaigning, strategies, tactics, and tools
- Work on campaigns with online and offline components across one or more issue areas
- Work an average of 40 hours/week, including some weekends and rapid response emergencies
- Travel periodically for trainings, meetings, staff retreats, and other events
Basic responsibilities include:
- Develop campaigns with a strategic theory of change that engages members
- Create campaign assets (emails, social media content, creative stunts, action pages, microsites, signage, etc.)
- Draft and send action and fundraising emails to support our campaigning
- Use analytics to sharpen campaigns and surface new tools to analyze the performance and effectiveness of our actions
- Track social media, traditional media, and online conversations to inform campaigns
- Manage coalition relationships and build partnerships with others
- Research, propose, and implement tech solutions to make the organization and our campaigning work more effective
Qualified candidates will:
- Be exceptional writers, especially writing fast for a popular audience
- Be entrepreneurial—a self-starter with the ability to be creative and work quickly, and drive your own workflow and output in our virtual office
- Previous online and/or community organizing experience is preferred
- Have basic HTML and CSS skills (i.e. can customize an email or basic web page)
- Have a coherent racial and social justice analysis
- Have familiarity with U.S. Muslim communities and the issues they are impacted by
- Have a growth mindset – an approach of continuous learning
- Have the ability to engage with constructive feedback from colleagues and participate in honest staff dialogue
The following skills are not prerequisites and can be learned on the job:
- Basic graphic design skills
- Basic video editing skills
- Experience with ActionKit, Action Network, and/or another digital campaigning platform
- Online ad buying and analytics
Compensation: Salary range for this position is approximately $50-60k, plus a competitive benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ready to join our team? Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Campaign/Tech Fellow.”